An evening workshop to equip fathers with awareness, confidence and tools for greater connection with their daughters.
Fathers have a special and important role to play as their daughters metamorphose from little girls through puberty to menstruating and fertile young women. Are you ready? Are you overwhelmed? Or are you sailing through? Expect a lively and quite possibly enlightening discussion with many great tips and ideas for fathers wishing to open and maintain conversations with their daughters.
Attended by fathers of daughters of all ages, from little girls to teenagers and beyond, this workshop, designed by Jane Bennett, responsonds to the requests of men wanting to understand and support their daughters through their tween and teen years, especially in a climate of parenting advice that has tended to diminish a father’s role or offer only the most general homilies.
Fathers Celebrating Daughters topics include:
- Understanding and supporting girl’s changes of puberty and menarche
- What is A Celebration Day for Girls, and what is a father’s role at this time?
- Understanding and mitigating the sexualisation of girls by media, advertising and the online world, including pornography
- Supporting self esteem, positive body image and healthy relationships
- How to share your values with your daughter, and listen to hers
- How to share a positive, respectful, loving and connected view of sex
- PMS, menstruation, cramps – helping girls toward menstrual wellbeing
- 101 ways to staying connected and relevant to your daughter, and enjoy each other’s company!
In this workshop, we work with the age of daughters and the interests and concerns of attendees. Often this workshop has been held for men whose daughters are approaching or traversing puberty. Very often this workshop is scheduled for shortly before, or soon after daughters have attended, A Celebration Day for Girls.
Father’s Celebrating daughters costs $35 (plus booking fee) for a 2 hour workshop
The next Fathers Celebrating Daughters workshop is Wednesday 13th November 2019 in Castlemaine
Book a Fathers Celebrating Daughters workshop with me.